Being informed is essential when you are making big financial decisions, and there are few financial decisions bigger than buying a home.
The first to buying a home is to set a solid financial foundation. As you move closer to pre-approval for your mortgage, take the time to educate yourself about the simple things that can throw you off course.
The following tips are here to help you get started. These 8 things not to do before the purchase of a house will put you in a position for a smooth transaction and an enjoyable first time home ownership experience.
1. Don’t apply for a new credit card!
2. Don’t buy a new car!
3. Don’t go buy new furniture till you own your new home!
4. Avoid getting a new job!
5. Don’t close any credit accounts!
6. Don’t spend your savings! Keep saving!
7. Don’t move money around without a paper trail!
8. Don’t get behind on payments!
The first step to getting a Las Vegas home loan starts not with playing with an online calculator but understanding your financial position and what you can afford.
Contact Steve Cowan to look at your financial situation, diagnose potential roadblocks before you ever call a REALTOR®, and help you understand your home buying options. Click here to get started.